Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kiwi Lane Altered Frame/Shadowbox




My second project is a TPC Chipboard frame that I turned into more of a shadowbox. I was hesitant to use the butterflies on a "boy" project, but since they were brown I think it turned out awesome!  The pictures are a few years old but these are some of my favorite pictures of my son ever!  I have made a pendant out of the small picture that I wear often.  I think the plaid CTMH paper lends a masculinity.   I also distressed most of the embellishments.  I crumpled and inked all the Kiwi Lane cuts to distress them.  I made the background the pictures are on from the Celebrate 7T cut from many of the CTMH papers then spritzed it generously.  I also spritzed the flowers and  crepe paper to dull them up and be more boyish.





I used Clara lane 3B on the crepe paper while bunched up and Celebrate 6T for the banners out of two different papers.



This is the best picture of the "inside" background which I spent so much time on and you can't even see most of it!

More close ups of my flowers created with Kiwi Lane templates and Mon Ami Gabby felt flowers.  I added some super cute brads to the center and a few have the same brown gems as the Mon Ami Gabby butterflies.


Here are some pics of the assembly of the frame and Kiwi Lane cuts:


Here I dropped the blade a couple of inches in to cut out only a center square.


Paper and frame



I left an inch for overlap but it still didn't stick as well as I wanted so I added some more strips of paper and more tape to make it stick down.



I used foam from packaging to add dimension.


Using every bit of CTMH paper!  I have had this paper for well over 3 years.


The template is only a "half" so I flip it over to make a complete flower.

Finished flower:



Ingredients:

Kiwi Lane:  Tiny Celebrate 6T, 7T; Holiday 3T, 7T; Nature 1; Delight 1; Clara lane 3B
Mon Ami Gabby flowers, crepe paper, butterflies
TPC chipboard frame
Close to my Heart Felicity collection papers
TPC Ancestral Columns paper
Bazzil card stock
Spare Parts brads & Misc brads
Tattered Angels Crème de Chocolat spritz
Adirondack butterscotch spritz
Quick Quotes Mocha Moma chalk

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! You went all out with this Alicia. It's beautiful, love the colors and elements, the flowers and butterflies are soooooooooooooo sweet.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely layout with fab details, thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful work - TFS with us over at Altered Eclectics this month. Hugz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous - love the flowers!
    Thanks for playing at the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete