Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Kiwi Lane Design Team Vintage Christmas with Daisy D's



Good morning!  Alicia here for my final design team post for Kiwi Lane. I am feeling nostalgic.  I have enjoyed working with Kiwi Lane so much!  I hardly owned any designer templates prior to my DT position and now Kiwi Lane templates are my go to product within arms reach of my desk.  I now know how to get the best life out of my most precious papers is with Kiwi Lane designer templates.  I have to admit I have been hoarding these papers for a very long time.  I thought they had the most wonderful vintage feel to them and I have recently been scanning in hundreds of family photos.  I ran across these most precious photos of my dad and his brother and sister with their Christmas presents in 1954.  I just had to pair these pictures with these wonderful papers.  I plan on framing this one and giving it to my dad for Christmas.


One of my favorite techniques to do with the templates is paper piecing.  I often trace just a part of the template on a different material to add life to the cut.  For instance like I did here with aluminum foil for the tops of the ornaments.  I picked foil because although it is a common household item, it also can have a vintage feel.  

Close ups:


On this title tag I stamped the month, the 25 is Crate Paper chipboard and the 1954 is a 
Cricut cut out of textured Bazzill paper.


I distressed the Crate Paper chipboard with a sanding block to more closely match the Daisy D's papers.


It's hard to tell but I touched up the tree in the photos and the cut tree with Wink of Stella silver to mimic the tinsel.


Ingredients:
Kiwi Lane templates:
Mini Abbie Road 1A, 1B, 2B, 3A, 3B
Christmas 1, Traditions 2T and 5T, Holiday 8T, Winter 3
Daisy D's Christmas papers:Christmas Bells, Mistletoe Stripe Pine Bough, Christmas Bell Stripe, Holly Pine Bough and chipboard tag
Crate Paper Sleigh Ride Chipboard pieces
Creative Memories Tis the Season cricut font
Bazzill textured card stock
black card stock
aluminum foil
Recollections Flourish Months stamps
Colorbox Green ink
Judikins Malachite embossing powder
QQ Denim powder puff chalk
brad
Wink of Stella silver


I am going to send this card to my grandmother, I do hope I don't confuse her.  She is going to be 90 in less than a month.  This was her Christmas card the year my dad was born (her first child).  I thought it was a neat idea to make this, I may make another for my father, too.

Ingredients:
Kiwi Lane Traditions 4T template
The Paper Company card stock
Recollections Kraft doilie, bow and gem
Daisy D's Holly Pine Bough and Christmas Bell Stripe
Quick Quotes Biscotti powder puff chalk


For this card I used some scraps from the other two projects and added the cuts from some really cool papers.  I really liked looping the fibers for the cord of the lights.  I used tiny zots to hold the loops and fiber in place.

Ingredients:
Kiwi Lane Traditions 1T, Bracket 1T
Daisy D's Christmas Bell Stripe paper
The Paper Company card stock
various specialty papers
Basic Grey stamp
Colorbox Green ink
Judikins Malachite embossing powder
fiber
Quick Quotes Biscotti chalk

Thank you so much for supporting my creative adventures for Kiwi Lane.  I am sure there will be plenty more projects just not for their Design Team.  It was a great time and I can't believe it's over!  I have enjoyed each and every project. 





2 comments:

  1. Love these papers, so retro. Things were so much better in those days....LOVE Grandma's card, wonderful idea. Kiwi Lane is going to miss you and your talent. I'm going to miss all of your wonderful Kiwi Lane projects.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still own all the templates, you will still be seeing more Sue!

      Delete