Monday, September 14, 2020

German Bus~Life in 3D~Bitten By the Bug 2 Challenge

Welcome to Bitten By the Bug 2's Life in 3D challenge.  I purchased this svg file long ago but was afraid to try it, this challenge was the perfect opportunity.  We want to encourage you to try something new this time around.  I went simple for this first try.  I have always like orange bus and I had this swirly quick quotes paper for decorative panels.


One thing I wish I had done was use glue as the tutorial video shows.  I much prefer tape and don't care for wet glue very much.  However, I am finding on a 3-dimensional piece that glue just may be the better adhesive choice.  (Hint-I have made another one already and will be posting shortly made with glue so you can see the difference).


  
Not only is it cute, it's functional!  There are three layers of paper on the bottom, so it can actually hold stuff.  I will say the lid fitting on the base is the hardest part.  This one is not great.  But I feel you always need a prototype for a involved project to work out the kinks.


I swiped the "sticker" images off the web and printed them on smallest contact sheet print setting to get them as tiny as I could on plain paper.  Next time I will do something cuter with the license plate area.  On first cut it was a tad bit hard to comprehend where every piece of paper will end up.


Ingredients:
Cricut Maker
Quick Quotes papers
misc card stock, vellum and papers
gems

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:











Don't forget to play along with Bitten By the Bug 2's Life in 3D challenge open for two weeks.

Thanks for stopping by

Alicia



11 comments:

  1. Great job Alicia as this is a more complicated one for your first try. I only use liquid glue (I use Art Glitter glue with the little metal tip) for these projects as tape just isn't the same. I can't wait to see your next bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This certainly brings back the peace and love days. I think you did a fabulous job on your VW bus. The glud does hold better on 3d projects, for sure. When I get done, I have glue all over my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a ton of fun, and you really learned a lot making this camper/bus/box! It's really cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Wheels on the Bus challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is as cute as can be! I have a scan n' cut but have no clue how to use it with SVG files. I need major help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute project!!! LOVE it!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is amazing, Alicia! I love the additional stickers in the windows and that it created to hold things :) Thank you so much for joining the Paper Girls with this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bus is amazing. Looks like a lot of pieces went into making this. And I know it must have taken a chunk of time too. It’s great, wish I had the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this!!! Those little stickers were the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, a lot of piecing...fantastic 3D. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double Trouble and The Paper Girls. On my way over to see the other bus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done an amazing job with your first try at this awesome 3D bus, Alicia! I love the pattern on the sides and all the details. It brought back happy memories of the ol' days when these buses were everywhere! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete