Sunday, November 30, 2014

12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop! Day 7: Stampin Up Festival of Trees side step card



Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop Day 7. This hop will take place November 24th through December 5th and the new postings each day will be posted by 8am eastern standard time. This hop will be full of wonderful ideas and inspiration to get you well on your way of creating all of those beautiful Christmas project. This is an awesome way to get a lot of your Christmas cards, and scrapbook layouts finished, home decorations completed and maybe even be inspired to create something using a new technique that you have never tried. There will be a new project posted each and every day by all the wonderful amazing ladies in this hop. Also each day we will have a guest designer or two for you to visit.

You should have arrived from Pam's blog if not you can start at Lisa's blog or the entire line up at the bottom of the page.

I have another side step card for you today.  I am very enamored with the fold!  Today I did not use any patterned paper. I was having a blast playing with my Vanilla Smooch spray and the Stampin Up Festival of Trees set.  As always I made several versions. I made many more than I am even showing you, which one is your favorite?  My son did not like the ones with the "main" house stamped on white cardstock which made the colors brighter.  I kind of like the effect of having the "one" house being "brighter".  What do you think?  I figured these took over an hour a piece, if you get one of these from me, I LOVE you very much!  




This angle shows the "cloisonne" tree the best.  I stamped it with a different design and color.  Judikin's cloisonne and malachite embossing powders were great for this project.


I used the Kiwi Lane template to create the layers of snow.


This was my son's favorite because the "main" house is stamped on kraft, therefore not as bright.






Ingredients:
Stampin Up Festival of Trees and matching punch
Stampin Up Holiday Home and matching Sizzix dies
American Craft Pine ink with Judikins Malachite embossing powder
Versacolor Cardinal ink with Judikins Cloisonne embossing powder
Mixd Media Black ink with Judikins detail black embossing powder
various markers
Kiwi Lane Sentiments 2A
Vanilla Smooch
Kraft card stock
Fiskars Season's Greetings sentiment
American Crafts Alcohol markers
Creative Memories markers
random pens and markers

Next up is Anna!


The entire line up:

GUEST DESIGNER:  Mary http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com/


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/chnc-challenge-extra-for-november-2014.html until 11/30

http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2014/11/holidays-any-holiday.html until 11/30

http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/november-challenge-snow.html until 12/6

http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com/2014/11/christmas-is-coming-at-tiots.html until 12/7

http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/challenge-120-use-sentiment-for-any.html  until 12/2

http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com/2014/11/challenge-17-shaped-or-folded-cards.html until 12/7 2 of 3 entries, C10

http://www.myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/festive-48-week-47.html until 12/5

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I have never made a step card but I think I have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the glitter on the trees and mounds of snow.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this step card! I love the snow and trees, but the houses are so darn neat! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Any Holiday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful sprayed and stamped project. My favorit is the first one. Thank you for sharing the gorgeous pieces with us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job with each and every one... love side step cards and I would love to try one like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable side step Christmas card! You should enter it at www.decoratetocelebrate.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These step cards are each so beautiful. I like the bright red roof and bright colors on the house on the last card as my favorite.

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My, I am Loving this Card. Love how you did the snow. Thanks for Sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Step cards are one of my favorites and you did an amazing job. I like how you did the snow, all glittery. =)

    ~Beth
    Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

    ReplyDelete
  10. so fancy and beautiful, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards - I like the one house being brighter.
    I follow your blog
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the layers of your step card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic! BRAVO! I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love! Thanks for your dedication to commenting on and sharing my work. sharing to pinterest/twitter.

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card design. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card design. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a clever little scene! Thanks for joining us for our 'Shaped' challenge #17.
    Alicia (Scrapbooker PhD DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous step card! I love the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  18. those are great, I would be proud to have one on my mentle piece! thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow these are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a real stand-out project! What a great scene you've created. Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48 at My Perfect Life .

    ReplyDelete