Friday, October 13, 2017

Spooky Window Scene with Tim Holtz Wall clock

Hello, Alicia here today with a spooky scene I have created for the season.  I used my Sizzix Big Shot to cut and emboss several layers of my card.  I also used a scary holographic sticker with ribbons to imitate a peek into a window.  I used shreds of a cotton ball for the cobweb.

The first layer is chipboard embossed with a Crafters Companion embossing folder.  I then used a light ink to highlight the chipboard and a black chalk ink to further illuminate the details.  


I cut the Tim Holtz Bigz Wall Clock a couple of times.  Once in black for the base and once in dark brown.  I cut the front panel from the brown and embossed it with woodgrain.  I used a pen to accent the embossed areas of the black layer.  I did not use the clock face I cut, instead I found a metal clock face from my stash that fit perfectly.  FYI the circle size is standard and I found several punches and dies that also fit perfectly.  I used a brad to adhere the black hands. Finally, I cut just the pendulum from gold paper.


Dies R Us Products:
Sizzix Bigz Die - Wall Clock by Tim Holtz
Tim Holtz Bigz Wall Clock



Sizzix - Big Shot Machine Only - White and Gray + 10 BONUS DIES
Sizzix Big Shot
other ingredients:
chipboard
antique linen distress ink
Quick Quotes Midnight Confession Powderpuff chalking ink
velvet and sheer ribbons
Recollections sticker
metal clock face


And don't forget to come and join in all of the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.



click below for:

5 comments:

  1. Great use of the Tim Holtz Die, Best wishes in the Get your Spook on Blog Challenge at That's Crafty. Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and spooky!!! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love this! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great creation and very spooky! Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary! Great use of die cuts.
    Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.

    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete