Thursday, March 29, 2018

Willow Girl~Watercolor with Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking inks

Hello, I have been playing with the latest 2018 PowderPuff Chalking Ink Set.  I love to use a water brush to color an image with the inks.  I recently won this image and I could not have found a more perfect piece of paper on which to stamp it.  This sheet is from the soon to come Spring Showers collection as are the flowers die cuts I created.


Here I am coloring my image.  I stamped and embossed the image to withstand the water I will be using.  The raised edge also helps to contain the ink within the proper place.  I usually paint several layers depending on the intensity of color I desire.  Quick Quotes papers hold up to the many layers and water as well.


I finished my card off with stamping and embossing the sentiment to match.  I die cut the sentiment and added some die cut flowers.  I used sequins in the center of my flowers as well as sprinkling a few among my flower border.  I like to finish off my sequins with a dot of pearl drops to cover the hole.  I think it just looks so neat.



I hope you try using the latest 2018 PowderPuff Chalking Ink Set or any of your Quick Quotes Powderpuff Chalking inks to water color.  The results are beautiful.

Quick Quotes products:
Papers from Spring Showers and Navigator (coming soon)



other products:

stamps by Unity Stamp Co Willow Girl
die cuts by Sizzix/Tim Holtz florals
die cut by Tutti Designs scallop stitched circle
black pigment ink and embossing powder by Judikins
sequins and pearl drops





Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment