Saturday, December 8, 2018

The Stockings Were Hung...Blog Hop


Thank you for joining us for the 
Stockings were Hung Blog Hop!



The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there!
This is a blog hop featuring projects inspired by Christmas Stockings! Each of our projects will have at least one stocking on it.


You should have arrived from LIz's blog but if you just so happened to stumble across our hop and need to start at the very start,
Connie Can Crop is the beginning of this Special holiday hop! 
This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday at 10pm to finish hopping and leaving your love for all of these talented crafters.


We have three awesome sponsors for this hop!!



Will be giving away this gorgeous Winter mailbox die, glitter tape and fun twine!



is giving away Kaisercraft Peace and Joy paper pad and collectibles


and

Wendy Chapman Bellino
is giving away a Christmas themed digital kit from Club Scrap


What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments on every blog to be eligible to win. 
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 12/12/18 at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!

Here's my stockings project.  I know this is a little different than you may have expected.  I was searching Harry Potter cards for ideas to use my new dies and this Dumbledore quote came up, perfect for my Dobby die.  I drew the quote with my Cricut and colored the first font with a metallic pen.  


I stamped the stocking and added the fiber.  I colored Dobby with alcohol markers.



I made two versions.  I added Hedwig to this card.




Ingredients:
Cricut used to print the sentiment
Character World Harry Potter Icon dies
Alcohol markers:  Copic, Hobby Colour, and Spectrum Noir
Creative Memories metallic  gold and green pens
Recollections stocking stamp
Colorbox Black pigment ink
Judikins black detail embossing powder
twine


Be sure to hop over to EK's blog next


Here's our line up in case you get lost along the way.











Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Be sure to join us next month for our
This Magic Moment Disney Themed Blog hop!

Thank you for letting us inspire you!

Alicia

23 comments:

  1. Super cool dies and so unique!! Always love a cool twist to a hop theme and you nailed it like a rock star! These are brilliant! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it. One of my favorite stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dobby...I am suddenly both very happy and a little sad. I love Dobby. Thank you for sharing these really sweet Hogwarts cards. (And I love this sentiment!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cards, Alicia. Merry Christmas.

    Sue
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are just magically delightful, but that Dobby card is PERFECT! Thanks for the morning laugh and I might just be scraplifting this design for later. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicia you never fail to impress!!!! These are AWESOME!!!! Who doesn't love Dobby! Merry Christmas my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw such a great take on the prompt and perfect for Dobby, I love your cards.
    Jenny
    https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your cards! I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter. Great take on the stocking prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, this is hilarious and I love the way you used that tinsel fiber to hang the stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever card! My daughter would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Harry Potter twist on the theme. Very Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Harry Potter and Christmas go hand in hand! I love your design - now off to get some Butterbeer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So super fun! Love both versions. Great use of fibre to add some texture.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute cards. I’m a big fan of Harry Potter, so you got me here. Tfs and Merry Christmas šŸŽ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute. What a great spin on the stockings were hung. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun cards! I love the stockings hung on the garland!

    ReplyDelete