Thursday, June 27, 2019

Little Brother~Family Tees for Craft Collabs

Hello, today I am participating in a Craft Collabs Event called C.A.S.E. the Creator.  I was partnered with Robert.  He can be found on social media at  instagram.com/jfamilycraftersjfamilycrafters.com, and pinterest.com/jfamilycrafters.  Our task was to find inspiration from our partner's projects, select one and C.A.S.E.  If you aren't familiar with that term it stands for Copy and Share Everything.  Usually one allows for a little creative substitution since we may not have the exact products from which we are copying.  

Just from the name of Robert's artistic identity, J Family Crafters, one can conclude that family is the most important aspect of his life and crafting together creates more time to spend with his family.  While exploring his blog I discovered he has three daughters so this makes complete sense.  He shares their work as well as his own on his social media sites.  I took my cue from his Avenger's Endgame post.  I don't own any super hero cuts, but since this post was also about family bonding, I focused on that idea with my project.  Here is his project:


Here is my project.  I copied the gray and the familial bonding spirit of the project as  I didn't have any super hero cuts for my Cricut.  I used two different fonts to create the wording.  Brother is a freebie on Cricut Design Space as are many familial words.  The word little uses a Creative Memories font.


I hadn't made an iron-on project in a few months and it took me a few tries to get the vinyl cut deep enough.  I was using a brand I purchased at Tuesday Morning at a great price therefore, I can't be sure about the problem.  I ended up getting a great cut with the custom setting for glitter iron-on, however, as you can see this vinyl is clearly not glitter.  Maybe I just forget my setting from last go round. I need to create the Big Brother tee but I have to go buy the appropriate size tee.  I WILL remember the settings when I create that one.  You will have to stop back by to see how that one turns out.  


Ingredients:
Mark Richards Iron On Black and White Vinyl
Creative Memories Be Young-Be Free Font (little)
Cricut Font and Basic Shapes (brother)
Gray Onesie

Thanks for stopping by and be sure and visit Robert's site for lots of family fun and great crafting tips!

Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Your project turned out great. I'm so inspired by your project that I will dust off my Cricut to try some vinyl creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. I love the onesie. Its a great project and it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete