Monday, September 13, 2021

Bitten by the Bug 2's Celebrating Grandparents challenge

Hi there and welcome to my project for Bitten by the Bug 2's Grandparent challenge.  I have created a layout of my grandmother.  She is/was one of my heroines.  She did so many brave things in her lifetime.  One of the first was to continue high school despite the fact she married.  It was war and my grandfather was over seas, so she continued her life as usual including participating on the girl's basketball team.  She said she was booed for being a married woman continuing school and continuing sports.  Shocking for the early 40's I suppose.  I always loved that story.

 



Cricut cuts: Bicycle and Just like riding a bike
GCD/Melody Ross Homespun papers and embellishments
misc card stock

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to play along with Bitten by the Bug 2's Grandparent challenge for the next two weeks.

Alicia

12 comments:

  1. What a brave woman that your Grandma was. She is also very beautiful! This layout is amazing. The embellishments and images make such a wonderful keepsake and memory of your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! I love the patterned papers you used, such an old fashion feel to them. Great photo...great everything! Dorlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of your grandmother and how you created the perfect layout for it. My Nana also was an Inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful vintage photo with layout. Wonderful story you shared. Silly me cannot ride a regular bicycle, never learned and I now ride an adult tricycle (3 wheel bicycle) that is alot of fun.
    Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, inspiring LO for a woman who was both those things and so much more. Thank you for sharing about your grandma with us. She was clearly a strong, tenacious, awesome soul.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sharing such inspiring story along with the beautiful layout! :) Samantha, DT member at A Place to Start Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearing family stories like this-what a strong amazing woman she was to persevere to get her education! Beautiful layout!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page! I like your layers and the mixed patterns that you paired. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this wonderful layout almost brings tears.... it is so heartfelt and memorable at the same time. a great keepsake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your grandmother’s fabulous story. Such a brave woman! Amazing layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful heritage page and love the bike accent! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete