Sunday, October 13, 2013

Girl Power Pink Kraftie Kre8ations Challenge

This months Kraftie Kre8ations Design Team challenge was to alter a box and gift it to someone who has or has lost a loved one to breast cancer. http://www.kraftiekre8ations.com/2013/10/boxes-of-hope-girl-power-pink.html



This would be my new mother in law "Lulu",  She lost her battle with breast cancer over a decade ago before I was part of the family.  I found the picture in my fiance's boxes of photos that I am trying to organize and scanned it.  I gave this to my new sister in law on my wedding day.


I have filled it with Breast Cancer Awareness ATC's and a Breast Cancer Awareness bracelet that I also created.  The bracelet is made with porcelain beads with pink ribbons and vintage czech glass beads with an iridescent finish.  The box is decorated with Creative Memories Think Pink embellishment kit.  I taped and glued paper ribbon on the outside of the lid and the inside of the box.  I also used a Stampin Up heart doily in the inside.  I used glitter glue around the edge of the lid and a beautiful new sparkly brad I just purchased at Michael's.


I decorated the inside with more Creative Memories Think Pink embellishments.  The ACT's also use the CM Think Pink kit plus The Paper Company pink shimmer paper, bling, brads, doilies and various fibers and ribbons.  The paper flowers are from CM Fabulous Power Palette.


I used the CM shape maker circle tag punch for the top left ATC, punched from old CM pink swirl paper with a Wilton doily.  


My sister in law devotes a lot of time and energy to breast cancer awareness.  I hope she can pass on the ATC's to those in need.  I make and sell the bracelets for $25 with $10 going to the Susan G Komen foundation, if you would like one please contact me.  Each bracelet is a little different.  Thank you for reading.

I am entering this project in the following challenges:


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely box and a great idea. I am very glad you entered this week at LUFP. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. Remember to get the girls checked and remind a friend! :-) Together we can beat Breast Cancer!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Link Up For Pink DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute to your mother-in-law!! I am sure your sister - in - law was truly touched!!!
    Thanks for joining our linking party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I have received my code! now to shop!!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete