Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sketch N Scrap Twistback Thursday Layout


Here's the Sketch n Scrap Twistback Thursday sketch.  Sketch N Scrap is starting a new challenge for 2015.  They will be reusing an old sketch with a twist.  The twist this month is to use something old and use something new!


My old part is this Tim Holtz brick die.  I have had it for a while...well after working with it, it will continue to sit in the bin.  The finished product is beautiful but it was like putting a puzzle together.  As much as I tried the little "bricks" would not stay in place when I lifted the cutting plates.  They went flying all over the place!  Of course, I had to make it a bit harder by using two different papers but I wanted it to look like real brick.


The metal tab is new part of a travel set of metal tabs in white but I had to "messy" it up a bit.  The Paper Loft Island Sun paper collection is also newer than a year.


Here I used various dies for flowers and leaves.


Ingredients:
The Paper Loft Island Sun:  Coral Bay, Emerald Cover, Clearwater Springs, Sandy Beach and the Vacation Accessory sheet
The Paper Loft Everyday Life: Believe in Miracles (brick)
The Paper Loft Turbo Head:  Turbo Charge 
W R Washi tape
Recollections gem
Sizzix Aster Flower Topper
Spellbinders Foliage
QuickCutz tropical leaves
Quick Quotes vellum quote and powder puffs:  Rusty Nail, Feather Gray & Tahiti

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

2 comments: