Monday, January 28, 2019

Daisy Challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2

Welcome to the Bitten By the Bug 2's biweekly Cricut challenge.  This time around our challenge is Daisy/Flowers to celebrate National Daisy Day.  

I loved this simple daisy image from Spring Fling so much I cut it 3 times!!  So I made 3 similar but different cards.  I love making a series of cards.



One reason I like this Daisy image was the "write" layer.  It has another extra pop.  I always try to add a extra layer on cut whether it be some bling or glitter.  One little extra really can bring an image to life.  I also inked the edges for dimension.









A close up of the cut.



Here's my Cricut Explore Air writing with the Cricut yellow pen.


Ingredients:
Cricut Spring Fling image
We R Feelin' Groovy 6x6 paper
Kiwi Lane templates including Mini Madison Ave
Graphic 45 Nature's Sketchbook sentiment
Stampin Up Gumball Green ink and card stock
Cricut Candy Corn Med 1.0 pen
yellow card stock and gems

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:









Don't forget to play along at BBTB2 this week and next!

Alicia


9 comments:

  1. I really love the Spring Fling images. The writing feature really makes them pop. The daisy cards are so pretty. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done such a beautiful job with this lovely project. Nice work. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your set of cards! All three background papers are such a great fit with your focal point and yet make the cards look different.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful collection. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This are wonderful flower cards. Thanks for sharing at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY VERY PRETTY. love the writing on those flowers - I have made several. I especially love the bent top cut - it really adds definition to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh! I love SEEING card series, too! I am always intrigued by how the same elements can look so different depending on a change in color or patterns. You really nailed each card and I found myself smiling at every one. You are very skilled at putting patterns together and I loved seeing the variations in the backgrounds especially. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout! Great backgtound and picture of you. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't thought about a "write" layer for adding dimension. I will have to try it. These are wonderful and I like the series. You might as well do three if you are doing one, right?

    ReplyDelete