Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Summer Watermelon Card and Salad Recipe

I love this Little Yellow Bicycle Vintage Summer paper stack so much, I have to admit I hoard it.  But sometimes it is just perfect for a theme.  The papers really remind me of summers as a child.  The watermelon brings back memories of going to the garden to pick a watermelon and bringing to my grandmother to cut.  Boy, did she love to salt it.  I don't care for salt but I will sprinkle it on sometimes for nostalgia.  


Making this watermelon card makes me want to make this awesome Watermelon Salad with cucumber, mint and feta.  It sounds strange but it is such a unique combination and completely refreshing!  That is how I prefer my watermelon these days.


The Cheery Lynn Summer Drink die set has so many neat dies.  The watermelon is 2 pieces but the rind cuts into two pieces.  I used a two side card stock with a light side and dark side.  Perfect for the detail of the rind!  I added an extra layer by lining with black card stock for the seeds.  I should have added Judikins Diamond Glaze to the seeds for dimension.  I may go back and do that step.

Ingredients:
Cheery Lynn Summer Drink die set
Karen Burniston Word Set 6-Summer
Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Circles Large die
Little Yellow Bicycle Vintage Summer 6x6 paper
Quick Quotes Barn board and Green with Envy Powderpuff Chalking ink

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:











Thanks for stopping by 

Alicia

15 comments:

  1. What a great way to use your favorite collection, I love Summer time, great memories to be shared. Come on over and join us anytime at the Happy Craft Challenge Anything Goes+Optional Theme each month. https://thehappycraftchallenge.blogspot.com/ Megan Design team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super fun summery creation and perfect for our 'Summer Fun' theme at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, I love your summer watermelon card! I also have great memories with watermelon. Our grandparents lived on a farm and on Sundays after church, we'd go pick a watermelon from the field, and cut it. If the watermelon split when Papa put the knife in to cut it, we all knew it was going to be especially delicious. And all of us salted our watermelon. LOL My husband has never heard of that, and he doesn't understand why I salt mine. Anyway, fabulous card, and great pattern papers! Thanks for joining the Crafting Happiness Challenge. I hope you'll come share your art with us again. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me hungry for watermelon! Yum!! I'm so glad you joined our challenge at Dies R Us so we could all enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got my mouth watering now after reading about the melon and salad. This is such a lovely summer card. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE that quilted background . It is a great addition with that watermelon slice.. Fabulous card !!! Thanks so much for joining in on our Challenge at IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE .. We hope you will join us again !! Deb Davison / Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love the fun quilted background and the 3-dimensional looking watermelon slice. Thank you for taking part in our "Dies or Punches" challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers blog! Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is summertime perfection! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is totally adorable!
    Thanks for playing along with us this month. Regina DT-Member of Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous patchwork!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the patchwork paper! Great job :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card so pretty. Reminds so much of a quilt and sweet memories. Beautiful.. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Melanie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Looks very rustic and charming. Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete