Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Tim Holtz Vintage Globe die and Retro Rubber Sketch

 It feels so good to actually have time to just PLAY! I am ahead on my design team projects and have time on my hands.  I was intrigued by the latest sketch from Retro Rubber Challenge so I made a couple of versions.  Here is the first. 


 I have been cleaning and rearranging, when am I not?  I have some papers and elements in piles as the first ideas for cards this paper managed to make it to the bottom of the stack.  Its from Quick Quotes and so old I don't remember the name of the collection. So that is how I began and here is the sketch that I used.

RRCB 130

I started with a some die cut compasses but the pieces ended up being a little too big.  I searched my database of creativity and found this globe!  I am not sure I have ever used it.  I cut it three times in silver, blue and green.  I cut away the blue layer of "land" and inlaid the green land.  I cut away all the blue but the globe and layered on a silver cut.


The sentiment is one stamp and I sliced it and matted each word.

Ingredients:
Quick Quotes designer paper
Tim Holtz Sizzix Vintage Globe Die
Stampin Up Forest Foliage ink
Close to my Heart Pack Your Bags sentiment (purchased 2018)
misc card stock

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:





Thanks for stopping by!

Alicia

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card for a bloke! I love the die-cut globe, it matches the paper and sentiment brilliantly! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the way you interpreted the RETRO RUBBER sketch, love the detail of the Glove and the placement of the sentiment.
    Thank you for playing along.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this--such a cool vintage feel and a perfect masculine card! Great graphics and colors! Thanks for playing with our Retro Rubber challenge with this awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really appeals to me. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous male card, the colour of your ink is a stretch far for the letter F, but I do love your inginuity. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete