Saturday, August 29, 2020

Graphic 45 Sunflowers~A Little Something to Brighten your day

I was in need of a special card for a special friend who likes sunflowers.  I found scraps of this Graphic 45 paper on my desk, checked Paper Playful for some challenges and just like that a card is born!  And it is already in the mail with special postage, of course, for the bumpy brad.


I am on the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge design team, however, this is not my week to post, I just happened to see this sketch and fell in love with the versatility..


I also finally tried a long time pinned idea on Pinterest to create a shadow layer for this Stampin Up punch.  I have tons of great punch ideas pinned HERE,


I have had this set of brads for a long time.  The are beautiful, I am not sure if I have been hoarding them or they really just don't work with anything...but this one definitely works here.  I didn't want to bring too much brown into the mix since the paper has black.  To accentuate this I also stamped and embossed the sentiment in black.  



Ingredients:
Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Enchanted Garden paper 
Stampin Up Paper Pumpkin June 2020 sentiment
Colorbox Black pigment ink
Judikins Black Detail embossing powder
Stampin Up Decorative label punch
Brushed yellow gemstone brad
goldenrod cover and card stock
Quick Quotes Midnight Confession chalking ink
fabric flowers
twine

I would like to enter this in following challenges:











You have a couple of more days to play along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge until 8/30.

Thanks for stopping by today

Alicia

8 comments:

  1. OH! Very pretty Alicia! Great job on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Sunflowers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your design!
    Thank you for playing with us at the Ike's World Challenges!
    Hugs,
    Borqna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty! Sometimes the Designer Paper does all the work and makes all of the difference! Love the sunflower print and your pretty floral accent! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Sunflowers Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created card which I am sure will be treasured! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to showcase sunflowers. Love the shadowed panels and how you mixed the different patterns to create a visually interesting card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That paper makes a bright and cheery card. Love how the background sets off the sunflower paper. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card. The sunflowers are perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete