Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Crafter's Companion Poppies and Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

It's time for a new sketch over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge. I spent a lot of time on this one.  I searched in my "tag" section of my Scraprack.  I found this great pocket with tag and the project grew from there.  I searched my inventory in Evernote and found that I had a poppy stamp and die set.  I had the striped paper scrap lying around from my recent Dreaming Tree project.  Creating the flowers, background and sentiment were the hard parts.


Here is the sketch:


I began by stamping and embossing the flowers on good card stock.  I think used three distress inks to add color to the flowers.  I wish I had better matched the reds, I thought Fired Brick would do it but it came out brighter than I expected. 


Each flower is four stamped, embossed and inked pieces excluding leaves.  I shaped the flowers with my fingers.  I stamped the sentiment in the same ink as the inside of the flowers aMuse French Roast pigment ink.


I stamped the poppy buds with Colorbox Pistachio and embossed with clear powder as I did all the images.  I didn't want the buds to overpower the flower cluster so I picked a green that more closely matched the green in the paper versus the green in the leaves.  I masked in a few places as the bud and the stem were separate stamps.  All the stamps used came from the same set.



I loved how this tag has a neat envelope.


Ingredients:
Quick Quotes Spring Showers papers
Sheena (Crafter's Companion) Poppy Victorian Floral stamps and dies (several years old)
Colorbox Pistachio pigment ink
a Muse French Roast pigment ink
Tim Holtz Distress ink:  Wild Honey, Fired Brick and Mustard Seed
Spellbinders Label die
Judikins clear embossing powder
masking tape

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to play along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch 

Alicia

6 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card. I love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Cut it Up this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those poppies are just gorgeous! You did an awesome job creating them, and I love how they pop right off the page!!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for Our Beautiful Earth challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The poppies were such a lot of work but so worth it - they're glorious! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Alicia! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are gorgeous and your project is too.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those flowers, beautiful colors. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete