Monday, August 23, 2021

Steampunk Hello for Dies R Us

Hi there, today I created a rainbowish background with Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and Tim Holtz Yupo Paper.  I had so much fun playing with the inks.  I used a straw to blow around the inks.  I let most of the alcohol dry then burnished some scrap foil over the piece.  
Foil stays on the wet area usually where the ink puddles.  


I used metallic paper to die cut the steampunk butterfly and gears.  I added various gems to the center of the gears.  You can really see the burnished foil in this photo.


I used a double stitched rectangle die to create a frame from black glossy card stock for a real pop.


Dies R Us products used:






Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


4 comments:

  1. Your background is stunning. Great work and I love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background and love your butterfly in gold..
    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful alcohol ink piece! Thank you for sharing your creation with A Place to Start Challenge blog, :) Samantha, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop-you-in-your-tracks stunning card. That background is a masterpiece and then some. Immediate fave for me, my lovely friend.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete