Monday, April 15, 2024

Stampin Up Seas the Day CAS Less but Better for Double Trouble Challenge #164

Today is my second installment as guest designer for Double Trouble Challenge for Challenge 164 which is CAS Less but Better.  CAS is a little hard for me to create.  I like inky and I am pretty messy.  The Twisted Sister twist did help a bit, use color cardstock for the "white" space.  As you can see, that worked for me.


Here is the prompt from Double Trouble Challenge 164.  You can find all the details following the link.


I recently acquired this Stampin Up set.  There are so many wonderful layered cards with the set, however, I easily envisioned this CAS design with the deep sea creatures featured on a shimmer ink splatter.


I created a second card with the same set, different creature and colors.  You can see why I am not a fan of CAS.  After I was completely done, I smeared ink at the bottom toward the left.  It's visible in the photo but really apparent in person as the ink is black.  I was also a bit disappointed with the ink I used for the sentiment.  It is the same as the jellyfish but it does not "pop" off the shimmer spray.  Again, in real life all the shimmer inks and sprays do look very pretty.


Another view of the iridescent inked jelly fish and sentiment.


Here are both cards.


Ingredients:
Stampin Up Seas the Day stamps and dies
Scrapbook.com Vacation cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress inks: Peacock Feathers, Salvage Patina and Tumbled Glass
Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds glimmer mist
Stampin Up Crisp Cantaloupe ink
Versafine Onyx Black
Radiance White Cover stock from Marco's

jellyfish-Brillance Pearlescent Purple and Pearlescent Twilight ink

Play along with Double Trouble Challenge #164 "CAS Less But Better"  from Monday, April 15th - thru Sunday, April 28th.  And also played along with The Crafter's Cafe.


THING  2:  Double Dare 
says, "If you have met Thing 1's requirement to create a CAS project you are eligible to enter your project HERE for The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #307 "CAS" and you will qualify for an additional chance in our random drawing.  

Special Notes:  April 15th is the start of The Crafter's Cafe Challenge and their challenge runs through May 12th. Double Trouble  partnership for this challenge will end on April 28th

In addition I would like to enter into the following challenges:







Thanks for stopping by
Alicia
  


9 comments:

  1. Great CAS card, the shimmery splashes behind the octopus are a wonderful touch! Thanks again for joining us at Double Trouble this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The octopus is perfect for the coordinating sentiment. Well done with the CAS style. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble as the Crazy Cousin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Twisted Sister helped you out with color... your cards are both adorable and with the one you were able to get in your messy good. It's not my comfort zone to splatter ink but sometimes those stamps come in handy. I too have trouble with CAS; my first one wasn't CAS so did a second one... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again thanks for being our Crazy Cousin for this month.

      Delete
  4. Awesome CAS cards and the sentiment is perfect for the images. I, like you, find CAS difficult. You've done a wonderful job of it with these cards. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS is not always easy for me either! But it's fun to do sometimes to add more cards in a quicker way. So glad you could be our Crazy Cousin this time around at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are too critical of our own work. CAS is not easy for me either. You did quite well though in not adding extras. Arlene with The Creative Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic! I am a divemaster and anything to do with the ocean is my passion. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your design! I love simple cards yet have a challenge to create.

    ReplyDelete