Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Favorite Places to eat mini album

Here is another food project for my guest designing position over at The Awesome Ladies Project.  This prompt was favorite places to eat/where you eat.  I decided to create a mini album of my favorite restaurants...I soon realized these are also all in my neighborhood, most within walking distance. 



My first tag is the Drunken Bento.  Half price sushi all the time.  They also serve Korean dishes.  My husband really enjoys the galbi, a Korean style BBQ short rib.  I always eat sushi.


I used Maya Road Sushi stamp set and Distress inks to create the base of this page.



Just across the street from Drunken Bento is Thai Express.  Thai Express was one of my very first favorite restaurants in the neighborhood.  It was only two blocks from my first apartment here in Cincinnati.  They have a designated pan for vegetarian dishes.  I like Pad Thai and Massaman Curry.  The spring rolls are crisp and light not thick and greasy like egg rolls.  I also like the mango salad.



On the same block is Mac's Pizza.  They have several great nights of specials.  Monday is $5 burgers (including a homemade veggie burger) and family favorite $5 Pizza Thursdays.  My favorite pizza is a grape Gorgonzola.  It has a garlic sauce, grapes, tomatoes, onions and almonds with Gorgonzola. It is divine!!!



The next block down has the Elephant Walk, a combination of Indian and Ethiopian food.  I prefer Indian but am in love with injera, yum!  On this tag I used shimmer mist and added some tabs to divide the two different foods.


Conscious Kitchen used to be on the same block as the first group but recently moved a mile or so away to a new location.  It is spacious and new.  CK is soul food with turkey and fish.  The signature sandwich is the salmon Cuban...I had never had a Cuban before.  It is a my absolute favorite sandwich with a side of spring rolls or onion rings.




I finally finished the album with dessert.  Cincinnati's local chain, United Dairy Farmers or UDF.  This photo is from back in the summer showing a special flavor using a local beer Rhinegeist Truth.



I used Distress Oxides on this tag with a bit of pearl shimmer spray. 
Colors:  Worn Lipstick and Twisted Citron
Stamp:  Stampin Up Honeycomb Happiness



I lined the back of each tag with a matching card stock or paper.  All the edges were inked with Quick Quotes Midnight Confession Powderpuff chalking ink,  I finalized the album with various fibers tied on the ring.




I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

https://minialbummakers.blogspot.com/2017/11/november-mini-album-tutorials-and.html until 11/30x

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out The Awesome Ladies Project!

Alicia

5 comments:

  1. cute idea, this post just got me hungry, great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this definitely made me hungry! I can see this hanging on the fridge as a go to for when you are trying to plan dinner. :) I would have to add the phone numbers for take out too! You have great taste in food and your album is really cool! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag book is fantastic. What a treasure! However, by the time I finished reading the post, I was STARVING for Thai food...or maybe pizza...or a burger... LOL Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Mini Album Makers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really funky little tag book - but a bit too tempting... I think I need some takeout! Thanks so much for playing along at Mini Album Makers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful mini album! Beauty! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete