Friday, November 3, 2017

Autumn layout

Hello, Alicia here today with a scrapbook layout.  I recently purchased some flocking at a crafty sale and knew immediately I wanted to use it on the tree and leaves from the Karen Burniston Tree Pop Up die set.  I also wanted to use it in a different way than the pop up card.  I decided on a layout with a pop up tree. 


I used the Tutti Designs Nesting Banner dies set
to create a bold title.  I added texture by turning up the corners with a pencil.  I also inked all the edges for a distressed look.


I cut dozens of leaves then covered them with my own autumn flocking mix using gold, orange and red.  I added them to the tree, the banner, and the "ground" beneath the tree.


I created a double layered strip with paper matching the tree trunk.  I trimmed it to the shape of the tree.  I scored and designed a fold gluing the back of the strip to the back of the page.  I layered pop dots to support the upper portion of the tree.



Dies R Us Products:

Tutti Designs - Dies - Nesting Stitched Banners
Tutti Designs Nesting Banner dies


Karen Burniston - Dies - Tree Pop-Up
Karen Burniston Tree Pop Up dies

other ingredients:
flocking
The Storytellers Club paper
Kiwi Lane Mini Madison Ave template
misc papers
felt letters

Come join in all of the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

I would like to enter this in the following challenge:




Thanks so much!


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout, Alicia. I love how you've decorated the tree, very effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout with great pape, I love the tree. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fall scene and layout. Thanks so much for sharing with us at DD Challenge Blog. We hope to see your designs in future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful creation Alicia! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Feeling FALLish’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and great design with the lovely banner and tree! Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete