Saturday, December 7, 2019

Cookie Monster Card for Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge Guest Designer


Hello Winter!  Well winter is technically not for a week or so, however, that is the challenge this time around at Send a Smile 4 Kids challenge where I am currently guest designer.  I love using my Sesame Street Cricut cartridge to make kid friendly cards.  The cuts are fairly intricate but are so spot on.  This may be the first time I have created a Cookie.


When I was a child my first alarm clock was a Cookie Monster clock with an oven and cookies. I loved to wake up!  For the background I used some very old Creative Memories printed paper.  I thought the colors were very winter~y.  I used a manual die cut circle to back the Cricut cut.  I love my Cricut but I will never stop using my manual die cuts.  I love the texture you can achieve with the manual process.  I always emboss after cutting if that is an option with the die.  I will then ink the edges to highlight the dimension.


Ingredients:
Cricut Sesame Street Celebration cartridge
Tutti Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles
Karen Burniston Word Set 1 & 3
Creative Memories patterned paper
misc card stock
Recollections pre scored card base
Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking ink

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:






Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Don't forget to play along at Send a Smile 4 Kids challenge.

Alicia

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous kid's card! Love it! Glad you joined the team at Send a Smile 4 Kids this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun - your design is perfect for kids but I know many adults who would absolutely love to receive it 😀 Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely adorable card, sure to make a lucky someone happy! Thank you for joining us at A place to start. Tina

    ReplyDelete