Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Criss Cross Pocket card with Stampin Up and Quick Quotes for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

I must admit I created this card a few weeks ago and yes, I did get it to my mother before Mother's Day.  As soon as I saw this sketch I was reminded of this criss cross pocket card.  I made these once before for Xmas cards and loved them.  I was so happy to revisit this fold.  Of course, I didn't remember and had to find some videos.  I still kind of did my own thing here to fit the sketch.


Here's the sketch.


The insert includes a Quick Quotes coordinating embellishment.  The card is used one 8.5"x11" piece of paper instead of half of one but still creates an A2 card.  Cut the paper in half creating two A2's (;long) and score at 5.5".  Then cut a triangle from the "front" half of the card.  Overlap the back solid panels and adhere.  This will leave you with the two triangular fronts.  The mats and inserts are simply cut down by increments to fit.


 I love the combination of Quick Quotes Farmhouse and Stampin Up Dusty Durango I had to make another one.  I criss crossed the other way on this one and also it doesn't have the Mother's Day theme.  I used dies to create the layered center piece.



The inside of this card.  I stamped a large bold sentiment from Stamplorations.


Ingredients:
Quick Quotes Farmhouse papers and embellishments
Stampin Up Dusty Durango paper and ink
Close to My Hearts sentiment
Stampin Up punches
Petaloo flowers
Stitched scallop dies
Stamplorations sentiment stamp (card 2)

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to play along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch 

Alicia

5 comments:

  1. I love the criss cross fold because the outside is so pretty it leaves the inside for lots of writing and heartfelt notes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is such a beautifully design project. Lovely work here.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card design, so pretty and lovely sentiment too. Love the flowers also. Thanks for joining us this month at Daisy Chains for our Challenge and good luck. Michelle DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alicia, What a super card. I am sure your mom just loved it. Great design. Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

    ReplyDelete