Monday, June 22, 2020

Miss Kate Cuttables Sunshine for Bitten By the Bug 2 Sun Challenge

It is time again for a Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge~Show me the Sun challenge.  Summer Solstice was this past Saturday, the official start of the summer season.  It has more hours of daylight than any day of the year.  I found this great photo of the summer sun over Walden Pond.  I dug out some really old papers with great colors to highlight my photo.


Here are my cuts.  The MKC title was cut with a different sun but I didn't like the colors or style of the sun so I cut another one from Art Philosophy.


I used this sketch from The Scraproom Group on FB.


This is a 3-D embellishment sticker is way more that a year old...from 2013!


Ingredients:
Cricut Close to My Heart Art Philosophy-sun
Miss Kate Cuttables-Summer (title)
Creative Memories Seasons paper and embellishments (2013)
Creative Memories tag punch
Distress. Creative Memories and Bazzill card stock
Quick Quotes Powderpuff Chalking ink Midnight Confessions

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


Don't forget to play along with Bitten by the Bug 2's Sun challenge until July 6.  Thanks for stopping by

Alicia

8 comments:

  1. Ten years old - way to get that piece used up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors as the gray captures the essence of the picture with the peaks of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mix of patterned papers to use with your photo and great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make that combination looks so easy on your gorgeous layout. Hope our summer is full of sunshine and lots of fun. Thanks for hosting the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love this layout and design. The papers are so perfect with this photo. I love the long summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! The photo is pretty amazing too. Great DT submission for the BBTB2 site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch, and you did a fabulous job using it for this layout! Love the colorful angled papers on the grey base paper and the sun/ title die-cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photo! And love the papers and sketch! It all came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete