Thursday, February 13, 2014

Boy Birthday Card with CTMH Tech Speak

This is my son's birthday card.  He will be 14 on February 23!  I have used DCWV Green Game Controller as the bottom layer.  I have used the same white linen cardstock as the base for the flag I cut out to highlight the sentiment.  The sentiment and the other black stickers in the corners of the frame sticker are from Dazzles masculine stickers.  I used black brads from HL to attach the birthday banner.  The stamped images are CTMH Tech Speak (very boy) that I have stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black and embossed with Judikins black detail powder.  They are both popped up with pop dots.  The frame sticker is from Creative Memories Best of Sticker sheet.  I have chalked all the edges in black.
 
 
Detail of the stamped and embossed image.  You can also see the "innies" of the Dazzles stickers (Philips head screw).

 
 


Inside of the card are more CM best of stickers.
 
 
The second card I made has the "outies" of the stickers as explained on the back of the sticker sheet to use both parts.

 
I am entering this in the following challenge:

http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/2014/02/109-this-is-mans-world.html ends Feb 15

http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com/2014/02/sos-138-oh-shiny.html ends Feb 17

7 comments:

  1. Great card!!! My son would totally love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for this week's "Oh Shiny!!" challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I think the Judikins black detail embossing powder makes a super shiny image!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous teenage boy card. Love the green paper and it goes so well with the joystick, or whatever these youngsters call them!

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a male card. Love the. Love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at CCM&M. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It all started with finding the green paper in my "boy category" of supplies and knowing I wanted to use Tech Speak

      Delete
  4. Great card for a teenager, thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M. Jules :)

    ReplyDelete