Friday, November 6, 2015

Quick Quotes November Challenge "Things with Wings"

Hello Quick Quotes Readers!  Alicia here today with November's Challenge:  Things with Wings! When I thought of this challenge, I thought it is November, ya know, turkeys....well, when it came down to making a turkey it just didn't fly!  My creative mojo took a different directions especially after I tried a new tool.  I purchased a Tim Holtz water brush (detailed tip) a while ago with a coupon from Michael's.  I put it with my other blending implements and had never really tried it.  When I finally picked it up, I was astounded at how wonderful it works!  It is not like other "blending" tools, it takes your chalking ink and makes it like a paint brush!  I am amazed at the results.  I tried two different styles with the two cards I made for you today.



On the first card, I stamped and embossed an image then used a variety of Quick Quotes Powderpuff Chalking inks to color in the details.  The colors came out very true and rich.  I fussy cut the image and popped it up on the lovely Farmhouse 104 paper.  I added a layer of clear Wink of Stella to the wings although it doesn't show to well in this photo.


Here I am in the process of painting with my new brush:


Quick Quotes Products used:

Other products used:
Kiwi Lane template Sentiments 1B
unknown stamp
American Craft black pigment ink
Judikins black detail embossing powder
Tim Holtz tattered bow die
Wink of Stella clear



On the second card, I took a dictionary page of a Scissortail Flycatcher and colored in the existing image.  The image fades at the edges and the brush worked great.  I also inked the entire circle leaving only the image clear for a more vintage feel.


Not much of the blue came through on the body since the image was printed in black, but enough to give it a soft look.

Quick Quotes Products used:

Other products used:
Spellbinders die Fleur de Lis motifs
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Sizzix dies
Kiwi Lane template Bracket 1
Prima leaves
Recollections pearls and ribbon in charcoal
misc green card stock
Sizzix embossing folder
dictionary page


I hope these cards give you some inspiration for the "Things with Wings" challenge, of course, we will accept turkeys too!  Good luck!

12 comments:

  1. Love the dragonfly image! Thank you for sharing with LEFT OF CENTER!
    Susan
    DT for LOC!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant cards- lovely colors and card design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting With Friends.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are very nice. The bird card has a wonderful imae perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards looks so lovely! Great wood grain background and the dragonflies! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week! Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow hope you will join us again
    Shaz DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautiful cards! I love the soft look the water brush and chalk gives. Thanks for sharing with us at LOC challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creation! Stunning card,
    Thank you for always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card... The image is perfect for this. Thank you for creating with us at Unruly Paper Arts RAQ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful. LoVe that dragonfly. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, I love the colors on both of them and the wonderful papers you used. The dragonfly is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete