Monday, April 24, 2017

I didn't break the rules...Technique Junkies challenge

I purchased this stamp at Stampaway last year.  I have to admit, I haven't even used it and then I saw this month's challenge at Technique Junkies.  I thought this looked like a great technique to try.  I had a lot of fun and made several backgrounds.  Here is the first.


I have worked for Judikins at Stampaway for several years now. Customers flock to Judi's booth to purchase both Black and Clear detail embossing powder.  Northwood Stamps tells their customers for coloring images the best results come from using a mix of both Black and Clear detail embossing powder.  I found my extra container of clear low so I poured in some black.  This is my first time using the mixture and I am really pleased.  I took pics of both embossing results and I will post next time. 


Ingredients:
Distress inks:  Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, and Blueprint Sketch
Colorbox Mix'd Media black ink
Judikins clear and black detail embossing powders
glitter paper
Alchohol markers including Copic and Prima
Stitched rectangle die
fiber, sequins

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


 Top 3 Badge





WINNER!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

8 comments:

  1. GREAT card, love the image, sentiment and colors.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors, that fiber trim AND the gorgeous image (fun sentiment, too!)!! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that is an awesome image! Hadn't heard of that embossing technique so will be giving it a try :D Thank you for joining in at CWWC challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very cool card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous backdrop for this wonderful TJ image - thank you for joining in our monthly challenge over at Technique Junkies. Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You used my favorite Distress ink (Peacock Feathers) on this one... yum! Thanks again for playing with us at the Technique Junkies challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Thanks for playing at Crafting When We Can!

    ReplyDelete