- For a full pleated front begin with a piece measuring 3" x 11"
- Score at 1.5" next 2" then 3" alternating half inch then inch scores until the 9.5" score, leaving a 1.5" length at the end
- Mark the half way point (1.5") on the short side
- Cut at a diagonal from that mark to the 5" mark turn the paper and cut the same diagonal on the other corner
- These two cuts should leave an inch in the center with no cut
- Alternate folds and crease with a bone folder and ink all edges
- Adhere the folds in place
- Adhere the pleated panel on your card
- Cover the top of the panel with another piece of paper, die cut or ribbon
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Just Because: Pleated fold card with Quick Quotes Mulberry papers
Good morning Quick Quotes readers, Alicia here today with a special fold. I enjoy being challenged by trying a new fold. I was a little intimidated but it really wasn't that hard. Whenever I try a new technique I first use a piece of white card stock because it usually takes once to figure it out correctly.
Instructions for the full pleated fold:
Here's another version. Quick Quotes' double sided patterned papers lend themselves so well to creating a lovely peekaboo and coordinating panels.
Quick Quotes products used:
Stampin Up Four Frames stamp and punch
Close to My Heart Just to Say sentiment stamp
Mix'd Media Berries ink
Judikins clear detail embossing powder
Sizzix Rain or Shine embossing folder/die set
pearls, brad and flowers
white card stock
http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2017/04/challenge-155-team-b-digi-stamps-4-joy.html until 4/23 (2of3)
http://fairytale-challengeblog.blogspot.com/2017/04/challenge-166-mehr-als-eine-falte-more.html until 4/25
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-april.html until 4/30
http://stampedblessings.com/heartfulstamping-challenge/ until 5/6 (once per week)
Thanks so much for stopping by!