Thursday, July 13, 2017

Thanks a latte! with Try Stampin' on Tuesday's sketch

Good morning, I have a cup of coffee for you this morning!  I am not a coffee drinker.  Caffeine gives me the shakes.  I do enjoy a nice sugary creamy cup of vanilla decaf every once and a while but all that sugar and cream is not something I need to get in the habit of drinking every day. My hubby on the other hand...straight up black!  He likes dark roast, too!  Oh so bitter to me! 
 



Here's the sketch I used for this card. Try Stampin on Tuesday also suggested the theme of dainty and neat.  Well, that didn't work for me this time around.  I used this sketch as a springboard for a swap I am in with the theme of drinks.  I almost went with a summery fruity drink as I have a great sentiment that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" but I was already playing with my Distress inks and water so a coffee stained panel worked out perfectly.
http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.ca/2017/07/challenge-329.html
Despite the fact I don't drink coffee, I own almost all the Tim Holtz coffee products.  This particular one is a stamp and die blueprint sketch combo set.  I felt funny cutting off the "blueprint" parts but it didn't turn out too bad.





Since this was for a swap I made half a dozen cards.  I only need 3 or 4 so I had a couple left over, here is another version.  I used all the same products but distress watercolor looks different on the different panels.


I decided to cut the sleeve out of the same corrugated paper.  I wanted the sentiment to stand out a bit against all the browns, although still brown, I stamped with a very dark ink and embossed in a transparent brown.



Ingredients:
Distress ink Walnut Stain
Tim Holtz Coffee Time stamp and die set
Fiskars Latte love stamp (sentiment)
Mix'd Media Truffle ink
Clear Bark embossing powder
coffee cup paper is called Sand & Surf I believe but I can't find the brand
Creative Memories papers (about as old as you can get)
pearl bling
corrugated kraft and french vanilla card stock



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.ca/2017/07/challenge-329.html  until 7/17??? no winner posted

http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com/2017/07/connie-can-crop-monthly-challenge-60.html until 7/31 (every single product is OLD!)x

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Very creative card. Great papers and I love the distressed panel. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And I love how the distress looks like spilled coffee on the card! Thanks for entering it into Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thank you for sharing it at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge, Use Your Stash. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool distressing. Job in your card. Love it. Great adaptation to the sketch too. Tfs and for participating in Connie Can Crop challenge "use your stash". Good luck.

    ReplyDelete