Friday, July 14, 2017

Poppystamps Playful Faeries

Good morning! Alicia here today with a Playful Faerie card using several Poppystamps Faerie Die sets. I just love playing with these dies, there are so many combinations but on this card I decided to cut all my faeries out of vellum. I liked the whispy look with the water color background. 



To create this scene I first began with inking a background. I also inked an extra piece of 5.5" x 3"ish piece for the grass layer that I would later die cut. I used lots of water on the ink so I used my heat gun to dry it a bit and let it sit for a while until it was completely dry before die cutting.



I die cut my kraft paper frame and adhered with pop dots.



I then went about cutting, several faeries with wings out of vellum. I also stamped, embossed then water colored my mushroom images. Oops, I almost forgot the vellum cloud! Then I went about adding the die cut pieces to my scene. Finally, I added a touch of clear shimmer pen to my faeries.



Dies R us Products:



Frantic Stamper - Dies - Stitched Grassy Hill Edgers
Frantic Stamper Stitched Grassy Hill die




Poppystamps Magnificent Mini Faeries



Poppystamps Playful Mini Faeries



Poppystamps Poised Faerie



Queen & Co A2 card die



Avery Elle Pierced Cloud dies


other ingredients:

Distress inks:  Faded Jeans Oxide, Bundled Sage, Tea Dye Oxide
Close to My Heart stamp sets:  Toadstools & Sweet Dreams
Versamark ink
Ranger Mushroom embossing powder

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today! And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.



click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG
FACEBOOK
INSPIRATION BLOG
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE





I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


https://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/1st-july-2017-classic-design-team-open.html  until 7/26x

http://craftrocketchallenges.blogspot.com/2017/07/challenge-39-anything-goes.html until 7/31x

https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.ca/2017/07/challenge-5.html until 8/3x



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Alicia











4 comments:

  1. Cute project. I like all the fairy dies. Wonderful creation!

    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#39 – Anything goes}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#7 – Cool wet – A small cooling / refreshment due?}
    Alex' Kreative Seite


    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!
    Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket challenge this month.
    Anila DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A FABulous scene with all the fairies..Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Irene DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/......

    ReplyDelete