Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Quick Quotes Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

2017 fall hop

Today I am participating in the Fall Coffee Lovers Bloghop with Quick Quotes design team.



Good morning,  smell the coffee yet?  Alicia with you today serving up some coffee, lattes and frappacinos!  I created a couple of cards in a box for your sipping pleasure.  Cards in a box are really super easy, I was intimidated at first but after you do one the rest are a breeze.  I always suggest creating a sample using white card stock because making a mistake on the initial try on any special fold card is likely.  You can find several templates and tutorials with the measurements on Pinterest.  




I die cut several of the coffee images out of vanilla card stock.  I cut the pieces and parts out of various Quick Quotes papers.  I used acetate to attach my coffee cuts to the inside of the box.  I have also seen vellum used, both provide a relatively transparent way to attach the cuts and images that will "pop" out of the box.


I stamped the images with Mocha Mama PowderPuff Chalking Ink and a stamping tool.  I was able to stamp in the exact position twice to insure a clean image.  I used the same chalking ink to ink all the edges of the box and various parts.  I finished off the card with a ribbon tied in a bow around the base.


Here's my second card using the same images but in different positions.  I also used a few different papers.  I love them both and have already sent them to deserving recipients. 




Quick Quotes products:




other ingredients:

Tim Holtz Fresh Brewed strip stamps
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mini Fresh Brew dies
Fiskars Latte Love stamps
TPC Studio Coffee Cafe stamps
vanilla card stock
ribbon
acetate


https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2017/09/september-challenge.html until 9/30x



Thank you so much for taking the time to check out all my photos of my two projects today.  Enjoy your coffee!


20 comments:

  1. My goodness this is quite some card. I would not want to mass produce this beauty for my 18 person card exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a magic box that could POP UP actual coffee. This is SO stinking cute. I love your creativity!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards in a box!! Great for coffee lovers.

    Sue
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks so complicated. But I will have to try this. Your boxes are both beautiful. I love the earthy tones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun with all coffee cups! Super cute pop up box, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you used Tim Holtz blueprints style images on the box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love this! So much fun and just about the right amount of coffees :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! Such a fabulous fun coffee pop up card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute pop up. Lots of coffee goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is this!?! I love box cards, and yours is super!

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite so far!! Wow, what a stunning box of cups!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great coffee card, full of energy, so to speak. Fantastic!

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete