Sunday, July 15, 2018

It's a guy thing...Creative Memories with Sketches in Thyme #332

I do hope my regular readers are not getting bored with my continuous post of wedding layouts.  This one...well, I must say I am in love with it.  I had so much fun creating this using the great sketch.  I began with the mat which was just lying next to the picture...a perfect fit.  I decided to continue with the black, white and shades of grey and silver.  A perfect combo for this masculine layout with a black and white photo.


Here is the sketch from Sketch in Thyme:


At first I thought the clusters were going to be difficult, but in the end I had to stop myself.  Clusters are so much fun.  I started with the Jolee's tuxedo embellishments.  I didn't want to add too many flowers but I did find some black and grey which worked great with my monochromatic scheme.  Not sure if you notice the gear behind the black flower?  It is metallic silver and hard to see in the photo.


The shoes are Creative Memories stickers.  I tucked lots of grey bling around and dotted with Spectrum Noir metallic pens around all the edges.


This is the first opportunity I have had to use these Tim Holtz plastic letters that I purchased on discount at Tuesday Morning.  Very masculine indeed.


Ingredients:
Creative Memories Black and White power palette 
More Creative Memories papers and stickers
Tim Holtz letters and gear dies
Magic Mesh, buttons, flowers, bling, mosaic glass, brads, and other embellishments
Spectrum Noir metallic pens
Jolee's embellishments
Hot off the Press silver frame stickers

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




Thanks so much for stopping by today

Alicia




4 comments:

  1. So nice and elegant. Love your embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Bimini Moose Scrapbook Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your black and white version of this sketch. Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the monochromatic theme and it really is perfect for a black and white photo. So many elements that work together so well. So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas' challenge for this month, "Anything but a Card".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at SIT!

    ReplyDelete