Friday, July 6, 2018

Quick Quotes Red, White and Blue challenge


Hello, Alicia here today with July's Challenge:  Use Red, White and Blue.  You can find all of these colors in the new Secret Garden Paper pack.  It is perfect for summer with it's vibrant hues and lush floral prints.  I picked the blue arrow print (Secret Garden 105 paper) to use for the patriotic cards I made.


Here I used the same stamp three times, once in Barn Board and twice in Deep Sea Powderpuff chalking inks to create the background.  I stacked star die cuts as a border.  I popped up the detailed flag die cut.



I cut the flag twice, once in red and once in blue.  Here's a hint, I didn't cut the entire flag in blue.  I used a scrap just large enough to cover the area needed.  Next, I placed a white piece of paper behind the cut and trimmed along the edges.  I used a white gel pen to add the stars on the field of blue. Of course, I inked all the edges for a nice distressed look.


My second card uses electronic die cuts.  On Lady Liberty, I cut one layer in white and used Powderpuff chalking inks to color the torch and base in appropriate colors.  I inked just the torch area in Desert Sun and her base in Cool Gray.  


I layered the die cuts on top of a sheer blue ribbon.  I placed star die cuts randomly in the remaining area of the card.




Quick Quotes Products:
Secret Garden Paper 101, 103 and 105
Powderpuff Chalking inks:  Deep SeaCool GrayBarn Board, and Desert Sun


other products:
electronic die cuts:  Cricut Creative Memories Traveler and Close to My Heart Artbooking
manual die cuts:  Sizzix/Tim Holtz Old Glory and Mini Old Glory
stamps:  Tim Holtz Americana Blueprint sketch
pen:  white gel
white card stock

Thank you for stopping by today, check the rules to play along with Quick Quotes this month!  I can't wait to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment