Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Good Cheer: Quick Quotes Card Inspiration

Hello, Alicia with you today with some card inspiration.  I used a special fold to create some good cheer for the upcoming holiday season.  I used a die to create this side step card but prior to owning it, I followed simple instructional videos to make several different styles of step cards.  I used a papers and a sentiment from the new Holly Jolly Holiday collection.


Once the fold was cut from plain card stock, I followed these steps to complete the card:
  • Measure "steps" and cut panels to fit on each one
  • Cut various die cuts from paper scraps
  • Ink all edges with Powderpuff Chalking inks
  • Adhere panels 
  • Decorate with die cuts
  • Use floss to "string" together lights
  • Use glossy accents to highlight various parts of die cuts




A tip for creating detail die cuts is to add layers of papers, bling, ribbon and inking making simple paper pop.  I used different color papers for the inside segment of the lights.  I also used different reds for the berries on the holly.  I added glossy accents to both to add life.


Quick Quotes products:
Holly Jolly Holiday papers 101, 103  and Quotes 500
Powderpuff chalking inks:  Green Leaf and Barn Board



other products:

gloss:  Diamond Glaze by Judikins
dies:  Memory Box Christmas Lights, Cheery Lynn step card and Sizzix Holly
hole punch
floss


Sending you Good Cheer and thanks for stopping by today.



No comments:

Post a Comment