Monday, November 15, 2021

Our Fairytale...Karen Burniston Castle Pop Up and Kindred Stamps

Hello and welcome to my blog today.  I have created a very special card for my husband to celebrate our anniversary.  I used several different manufacturer's products to create a one of a kind work.  The front of the card shown here is actually the last panel I created.  I took a cue from Karen Burniston and used leftover pieces and parts to lead into the big reveal...


The castle pop up!  The center piece of this project using the Karen Burniston Castle Pop Up die set.  I used We R brand papers Once Upon a Time throughout the project.  I did find a nice red for the brick and roof tiles in my Quick Quotes stash.
 

I am really in love with the castle pop up.  It was so easy.  The hardest part is choosing the papers.



I used alcohol markers to color my ogre's. 




And the final result.


I didn't get a great shot of the clouds but some are fussy cut from the paper and some are die cut from the cloud paper with the cloud dies from the KB die set.


I used the same paper collection for the front.  I used a stencil and shimmer mist to create the stars.  I colored the fairy with alcohol markers with a hint of shimmer and glossy accents for eyeglasses.  


Ingredients:
Karen Burniston Castle Pop-Up dies
Kindred Stamps Fairytale Swamp and Swamp Sidekicks stamps
Tim Holtz Hocus Pocus Layering Stencil
Spellbinders Foliage Two dies
We R Once Upon a Time papers
Quick Quotes Main Street paper (red)
twine
alcohol pens and Creative Memories gold metallic pen
shimmer spray and wink of stella pens

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:














Thanks so much for stopping by

Alicia


8 comments:

  1. What a spellbindingly enchanting - and awesomely creative - card. This project is a gift unto itself.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Autumn, your kind words always mean a lot and your opinion is highly valued.

      Alicia

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness - this is fantastic in every way! Love this great pop up card!!! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is FABULOUS, FUN, and CREATIVE!!! I love it!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing, so much detail and such fun. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn challenge this month, good luck with your entry Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Alicia! Very creative. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project you have created here. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at The Fairy and unicorn Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete