Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Paper Loft Shades of Gray and Tim Holtz card


I love the new fad of embossing folders but lately I have reverted back to "wet" embossing.  Embossing this Tim Holtz figure was messy.  I used Recollections aged black.  I found it marked down and I am always looking for a good slick black embossing powder.  This is not that, but it is so extremely cool.  The pictures do not do it justice.  It is a shiny black with specks of silver and gold.  It is very Tim Holtz looking.  The stamps are Tim Holtz but the spinners, the tissue tape and domino I can't be sure they were purchased at Hobby Lobby and they have their own brand of vintage looking "goodies" these days.  I used a metallic silver base card and all the other papers and the "chance" is from The Paper Loft, Shades of Grey.  I chalked the black and white baker's twine to give it a grungy-er feel.




On this one I used both wet embossing and an embossing folder.  I used the aged black on the man and the clock and a slick black on the birds and the sentiment.  All are Tim Holtz stamps but the sentiment which is Close to My Heart.  Here I stamped the birds where above I used a tissue tape.  I also used a Tim Holtz embossing folder on The Paper Loft Paper with heavy chalking to make the image pop.  Here I began with a pre-made black card from Michael's, again I chalked the baker's twine for a more worn look. 

I may use this one for a Father's Day card!

No comments:

Post a Comment