Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Bo Bunny #foreveryoung World Card Making Day challenge


This is another World Card Making Day challenge from Sketch N Scrap's Facebook event.  The challenge is now over but I want to show off my cards.  The challenge was to use the sketch below to create two cards from two different seasons.


Here is my summer card.  I used some Bo Bunny #foreveryoung papers that I had on my desk.  I made several sweet scrapbook layouts of my nieces but these donuts eluded me and I hadn't done anything with this paper.  I chalked all the edges and added a few sequins with smooch drops in the center.


The sentiment is discreet since I used Versamark ink with Judikins Clear Detail embossing powder.  I was a little disappointed with this paper, but I have no idea where it came from since I open all my 8.5x11 papers and sort them by rainbow. Considering the texture and weight it feels like a pack of Recollections multi colored card stock.  Anyway, while embossing the color totally washed out!  Most of it returned after the paper cooled.  Definitely NOT Stampin Up or paper meant to be heated/embossed. But not too big of a deal since most of the color returned.


Ingredients:
Bo Bunny #foreveryoung collection
Fiskars Sweet Celebration sentiment
Versamark ink with Judkins clear detail embossing powder
Quick Quotes Pixie Pink chalking ink
Smooch moonlight ink 
sequins
hot pink card stock

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:


For my second card I grabbed an American Craft 6x6 Christmas~y paper pad, Merrymint.  I found this penguin stamp and die set I had never used from Hampton Arts.  I was super excited, I got a great bargain on this marked down at Michael's.  Well, NOT such a great bargain.  There are two penguin stamps and one penguin die.  The die doesn't match either stamp!!!  I had to fussy cut this guy, not so hard but I am sorely disappointed that the die doesn't match the stamp!! I mean really!  If you fit the head in the feet and flippers don't work, if you fit the flippers the feet and head are still off and if you fit the fit the head is waaaayyyy off!  After messing around with the die and some prototype images, I decided to stamp this little guy on a patterned white paper...it is very subtle but there is a texture pattern to the paper that makes this little guy even cuter!








Ingredients:
American Craft Merrymint 6x6 papers
Hampton Art penguin stamp
Graphic 45 stamp (candy)
Brilliance Graphite black ink
Sparkle N Sprinkle Tinsel embossing powder with Versamark ink
misc sentiment stamp
Distress pens:  Weathered Wood, Broken China, Candied Apple
Alcohol markers: Prima Gray 5 and AC Honeycomb
Quick Quotes Seabrook chalking ink
Echo Park white/blue paper
blue ice shimmer card stock

I would like to enter the second card in the following challenges:





Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia




3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card. Love that little penguin surrounded by all that candy! Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you cute penguin card! He's so sweet surrounded by the peppermint candies! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute penguin! I love the different patterned paper you used and the candy theme with the penguin. You created such a fun Christmas card. Thanks for playing in our color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete