Friday, October 21, 2016

Exploring Family History Blog Hop with Scraps by Gracie


October 22

Welcome to the Exploring Family History blog hop.  We are creating crafts related to our family history.  Most of us would agree when began paper crafting to create a historical record of our and for our families.  Of course, we love to get inky and sticky while doing it so let's dig into our crafty family history projects.


But first, we would like to say a HUGE THANKS to our sponsor today.


Theresa is giving away a $20 Stampin' Up Gift Certificate to one lucky winner AND
take 10% off any order placed through her (not available on website) by October 31th. 
Email her at scrapsbygracie AT gmail.com with your order. 

All you have to do to win this fabulous prize is comment on each of the blogs.
That's it! It really is easy.  
Of course, we would love it if you became a follower too. 

Comment buttons can be found at the bottom of the post (on most of the blogs).
Now on with the hop!

I created a digital invite for a family reunion.  I included a picture of the my great grandparents.  I was so lucky enough to know them very well.  My grandpa lived until his 90's and grandma lived more than 10 years without him and passed from pneumonia at 104. Actually, my son even got to meet her but he was just a baby. This was my mother's mother's parents.  I never knew my grandmother she was their oldest child and passed before I was born.  A couple of her siblings have passed in the last year or so and now there's only one of my mother's aunts left.  She is about my mother's age, my great grandmother was still having children when her oldest (my grandmother) was having her own family.





My mother was the organizer of this event and most of the relatives are on Facebook so I created a FB cover photo version for the event page.  I used the same paper and ribbon but had more room to add more embellishments.


Ingredients:
Creative Memories Reminisce Digital kit
Antique Attic font

Next up is Sue!

Here is the entire line up in case you get lost:

Sue - http://suek86401.blogspot.com/
Holli - http://sunflowerholli.blogspot.com/
Lisa - http://lisaslittlerascals.blogspot.com/
CADC - http://cardadaychallenge.blogspot.com/
Theresa - http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com/


Thanks so much for hopping with us today!

Alicia

7 comments:

  1. That digital invitation is cool. I don't do much digitally, but I will look into it with our next family get-together since most of it is done by email and Facebook these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I'll use this for inspiration when we have our family reunion next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a blessing to have known your great grandparents so well! my kids are getting that experience currently with their great grandmother..she is 97 and lives just an hour away. We visit often in the summers. love your invitation...great photo of the great grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! I love the digital age... and that you took it BACK to where it all began. Awesome! Thanks for hosting and sharing [your]story with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful invitation!!! The old fashioned look is perfect with the picture.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your invitation. It is super cool

    ReplyDelete