Friday, October 7, 2016

Nashville Skyline ~ Quick Quotes October Challenge Inspired by a Song

Hello Quick Quotes readers, I am so excited to be bringing you the October Challenge Inspired by a Song.  There are so many places you can go with this theme.  I created for you both a layout and a card. I hope they inspire you to play along this month! 

I love music and have lots of concert photos but I decided on a non musical photo.  I titled my page "Nashville Skyline" after a Bob Dylan album.  It works perfectly.  I snapped this photo as we cruised into Nashville one crisp February morning.  I electronically cut plenty of neat musical die cuts out of several different Quick Quotes papers to accent the photo.  I die cut a road sign for the mat to tie in the travel element.  To give the page that country chic Nashville look I added it all to a background sheet of Quick Quotes Farmhouse 104 paper.



Quick Quotes products used:
Earth,Wind & Fire 111 paper

other products used:
Creative Memories silver pen
Cricut Quarter Note, Cricut Alphabet, Creative Memories Travel, Indie Days, Storybook Tall Font


My second project is a card I made with a new stamp.  I just loved this quote from the song Drift Away by Dobie Gray and it works great with the Anchors Aweigh collection.


To dress it up a bit I added some tiny sequins with a drop of glass accents in the center.



Quick Quotes products used:

other products used:
Technique Junkies stamp "Free my soul"
Stampin Up Not Quite Navy craft ink
sequins and Viva Glass Effects Sea Green in the center
Spellbinders labels one dies
ribbon

Please join us for this month's challenge Inspired by a Song (title, album, or lyrics...you get the picture) and let us know the story behind your choice.  We can't wait to see what you create!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.com/2016/10/ffc-159-anything-goes.html until 10/13x



3 comments:

  1. Alicia-I love your LO. Pinned that bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cindy! I am gonna miss Nashville, my relatives I was visiting on the trip in the pic moved to St. Louis last month!

      Delete
  2. GREAT LO!!! Love the papers you used. Love the card too especially the song you quoted.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete