Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hooked on Fishing masculine mixed media card


Today I have for you a masculine card.  I recently won images from Altered pages and Unruly Paperarts challenge blog.  I just thought the fish net and fish image went together perfectly! I used Quick Quotes new papers for the background. This card would be perfect for my brother who is an avid fisherman.  In fact, he is ranked one of the top Kayak Bass Fishermen in the State of Tennessee!  


I made some Cricut images, I just love the metallic paper for the hook!  I almost raided my son's tackle box, but I thought that might be a bit dangerous, a paper hook is better.  LOL! The Unstampabelles challenge blog's twist for their Boys will be Boyz challenge is to give some tips on what makes a good masculine card.  I know a lot of people have trouble with masculine cards, I don't seem to have that problem...but maybe because I have to make a lot of masculine cards for all the boys in my life.  My number one tip is to DISTRESS!  I usually go with a darker color for chalking than I would if it were for a female.  Second tip is to avoid feminine embellishments like flowers.  I will still use "bling" but more enamel dots versus light reflecting shapes.  I should have said this one first but start with a masculine image.  It doesn't mean you can't use a butterfly, but if you start with fish, gears, a car, a deer, or other woodland animal you card will probably end up masculine even if you stick a flower on there.  


Ingredients:
Quick Quotes chalking inks:  Coal miner, maraschino cherry, tahiti
Cricut images:  fish hook from Sponge Bob and Hooked from Outdoor Man
misc card stock for cuts
fish net

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:











Top 3



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia


17 comments:

  1. Great card for that fishing person, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really rocked this masculine card. I love the fisherman's net and the metal embellishment!

    Thanks for joining us for our "Oh, Brother!" challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great male card - hope your brother really enjoys it! Thanks for the tips too - I too believe distressing really suits a male card. I love the way you were thinking with the fishing net as well! Thanks for sharing this with us for our September challenge and we hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card as I said! Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our current challenge - see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to your brother. Either of my brothers or my Dad would love to receive this card. I'm sure your brother will love it. THanks for entering at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Thanks for the tips on masculine cards!! Very nice card! Thanks for joining with us at the Unstampabelles. Hope to see you again.
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Love the fish net!! Great masculine card!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alicia, this is a beautiful card, love the Net, and embellishments, thank you for sharing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this month, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow such a unique card...love it!!! Thankyou for joining us over at digi choosday for our 'Something new' challenge. Hope you join us again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. LOVE this! You used a net!!! How awesome is that. Such a fun and totally masculine card. Love everything about it!

    Thanks for playing along with us at the Freshly Brewed Challenges GREAT OUTDOORS challenge this week.

    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun! Love the net, love the fish hooks! Thanks for joining our shaped cards challenge at Digi Choosday. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card. I love the net behind the fish images. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card! Love the layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! Very creative card, love the hooks and happy to hear they are paper. Excellent job done.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete