Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Quick Quotes Feminine Farmhouse layout


I am so excited today to show you my first project with the latest Quick Quotes paper collections!  I actually got to work with the new lines at the Quick Quotes Mini Reserve in Toledo a couple of weeks ago.  I am enamoured with all the new lines and how well they coordinate.  I primarily used the Farmhouse collection with a few papers from Anchors Aweigh.  I just knew this photo from Mother's Day would look gorgeous with the colorful but soft background paper.


I used templates to create the flowers and borders.  Although I used various sizes of flowers and a pearl in the middle, they seemed to need something else.  I punched a floral piece of paper with not a circle but a HEX to give the flowers a little more interest.  You just can't go wrong adding one more layer or one more small detail.  It will usually give your project more dimension.  I am a fan of dimension without too much bulk. For instance, I crumpled my flowers a bit and chalked again to highlight the distress.


I even distressed the resin flower I used for this flower center.

Thank you for stopping by today!


Quick Quotes Ingredients:
Anchors Aweigh Papers 101, 103
Farmhouse Papers 102, 104, 105, 106
Farmhouse chipboard die cuts
Blue Moon PowderPuff Chalking Ink


Other Ingredients:
Kiwi Lane: Cedar Trails 2A, 2B; Mini Cascade Trails 2B; Sunnybrook Lane 2B; Floral 2, 2T
Recollections pen
Creative Memories hex punch
Misc embellishments
Cricut cut photo mats and photo

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. wawwww så super flot ♥

    10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

    knuzzzz ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout, Alicia! Those papers look wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO. Thanks for sharing with us at SBC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being one of our top picks for the Scrapbook Blessings Club September Challenge. You made this challenge a huge success this month and we thank you. You can grab the top 3 button on the winners post.
    Our new challenge is up and running, hope to see you again.

    http://www.scrapbookblessingsclub.com/2015/10/september-challenge-winner.html

    Thank you,
    Sandy Hentzel and the SBC DT

    ReplyDelete