Friday, September 4, 2015

Quick Quotes Mini Reserve Review Part 1: The projects


This past weekend I attended the Quick Quotes Private Mini Reserve in Toledo, OH.  I have to say it was a blast!  This is not your regular "crop". Quick Quotes is providing hours and hours of classes!  Concentrating on techniques and new ideas for several different types of projects.  There are several options of Quick Quotes' weekends: a Private Reserve is 3 days and a Mini Reserve is 2 days and Quick Quotes has a third option of one day called Super Saturday!  They hold these classes all over the country.  At the Mini Reserve we spent day one on a 20 page album with several hours of free crop time in the evening.  There are breaks between all the classes and a nice lunch break.  Day two includes some different types of classes again with breaks and lunch with giveaways near the end and a little more crop time.


Our Mini Reserve was held at a church in Toledo.  I am not that familiar with the city but I brought along a friend who was a bit more familiar and a great navigator!  Theresa @ Scraps by Gracie and Card a Day Challenge blogs.


Above is a view of half of the class.  Below is a few from my seat since these old eyes can't see well, I wanted to be on the front row.  The next pic is the Add-on paper pack that provides more of the same papers used in the album project and 3 more two page layout kits! Next to that is our instructor, Lisa.  Below is a Teaching Assistant, Liz. In the corner is a two page layout from day two.


Here is just a selection of the 20 album pages we created.  As I said the class focuses on techniques and therefore, there is not enough time to fully complete the pages.  The first page has some little squares that go all around the circle. It was a  little too time consuming to complete in class plus many areas had to be left unfinished to add pictures later.  All in all, I believe after I print my pics and start adding them, it shouldn't take me but a few more hours to complete the album in it's entirety.  Until I made it in class, I wasn't really sure what I would use it for but now I have decided.  I am even more pleased I purchased the Add-on kit because the layouts in that kit are going to go perfect in the completed album!



The first two pages in the picture below look super intricate but with Quick Quotes pre cut dies they were a cinch to complete!



Here are Day two projects:


We made two more two page layouts, a flip book standing album and altered a mini!  Don't tell but that standing flip book is going to be my mother's birthday present!  The mini was part of the Canon class and is a pocket album.  We learned several nifty ideas to dress up the pocket album and the flip book!  There was also a Canon rep there for part of Saturday and Sunday.  We were able to try out several different Canon printers.

Later I will be back to share the friends and fun!

Thanks for taking a look today!

Alicia



2 comments:

  1. This brings fond memories of the Great Lakes Mega Meet to mind. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete