Sunday, May 22, 2016

Half-o-ween ATC's with Tim Holtz stamp


Today I am celebrating Half 'o ween with Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.  As soon as I saw the challenge, I thought it would get me out of the spring floral kind of thinking...you'll see I have some pretty cards coming up soon.  I hadn't made any ATC's in a minute either, so my ideas started to flow.  I pulled out my box of Halloween stamps and some Halloween embellishments and it took no time at all.  I find ATC's are great for using up remnants of projects past. On both cards I used some stamped acetate beakers that I originally made for a science project layout.  I also used a stamp I have had a while, a Tim Holtz ATC Halloween stamp on both pieces with much different results.

The first one is pearly and detailed. I just loved the fiber on the bottom.


I colored the "liquid" inside with an alcohol ink marker in purple.  I also colored some of the flourishes on the stamped image to continue the "vapors".



Ingredients:
Tim Holtz Components ATC Halloween stamp
acetate
Staz on black ink
Inkadinkado Test Tube stamps
Chromatix purple pen
Mix'd Media black ink
Ranger Pearl embossing powder
white and lavender card stock
Spider sticker
Recollections ribbon


On ATC #2 I used the same stamp but a chunky embossing powder and the effect is quite different.  The face of the skull just melted into a real spooky image.  That is when I got the idea to use the acetate beakers, it just looked like it was "captured" inside a bottle.



I shimmer misted the back layer of this one. 



The satin bat ribbon is hard to notice in the picture although IRL it is quite puffy and stands out.  I hung the little guys upside down.



Ingredients:
Tim Holtz Components ATC Halloween stamp
acetate
Staz on black ink
Inkadinkado Test Tube stamps
Mix'd Media black ink
Recollections Aged Black embossing powder
satin bat ribbon
spooks embellishment
Tattered Angels black magic shimmer mist
black and white card stock



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


http://atcaroundtheworld.blogspot.de/2016/05/17-bei-atc-around-world.html until 5/30

won 3 images from a day for daisies

10 comments:

  1. Very fun ATCs. I do love the acetate for the round bottomed flask! HS Chem teacher here :) Thank you for including Ruby's Rainbow Challenges in your crafting fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!!! I love each of them! Very pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Halloween card. Thanks for sharing with Ruby's Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, I like the idea of Halloween in May.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ATCs! The first one made me swoon...I love the old laboratory/science look. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ATC!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab colors, layers and texture. Love it. Thanks for joining our Half-O-Ween event at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful ATCs. They Look like very spooky :)
    Thanks for joining us at the AATW Challenge.

    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous grunge darkness and gorgeous embellishments. Thank you for joining our Half-O'Ween challenge at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous ATCs, love them! Thanks for sharing with us at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! The WINNERS post is now up!  http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-big-winners-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete