Saturday, May 14, 2016

Hats Off Blog Hop with Connie




Welcome to the 
Hats Off Blog Hop

Thank you for joining us today as we celebrate Graduates everywhere!

You should have arrived from Angela's blog If not please go back to the beginning.
Your first stop on this special hop is Connie Can Crop. This is a one day blog hop and we appreciate your leaving a comment for all of these amazing crafters.

We have an awesome sponsor for this hop! 


One lucky winner will win a $15.00 gift certificate for their shop! 
Be sure to check out their shop online HERE
Visit them on facebook HERE

What do you need to do to win? Easy... become a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments.

Winner will be announced on Wednesday 5/18/16 at Connie Can Crop.

Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!

I have several graduation parties this year.  So I thought I might as well play with my Cricut.  I cut several images, not all of them turned out. My first card wasn't perfect but I think the recipient will like it.  I used her school colors.  I thought the addition of the lace was feminine.




I used the sketch I saw for the front panel:



Details of embossing:



The inside is the fun part!  My first pop up with this cart.  I had to find a video on youtube to put it together.



I added some fun details like the diploma for the "one", I saw that on Pinterest, I thought it was so cute.  I also colored the tassel with Wink of Stella.  The final touch was some embroidery floss on the tassel.


Ingredients:
Mix'd Media Denium ink
Recollections Sapphire pearl embossing powder
Stampin Up Tagtastic sentiment
Colorbok sticker letters
Creative Memories sticker
Bazzill card stock
Wink of Stella blue
white floss
Quick Quotes Midnight Confessions chalking ink
Cricut Everyday Pop Up cards images
fiber 
blue pearls


 I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

http://paperplaysketches.blogspot.com/2016/05/paper-play-sketches-007.html until 5/16x

http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/qkr-stampede-challenge-191-graduation.html until 5/20x

http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.com/2016/05/no-designer-paper.html until 5/21x

http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.com/2016/05/challenge-126.html until 5/23x

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2016/05/dlart-thankful-thursday-challenge-180.html until 5/24


This shaped card turned out fine. This one is for a boy at the same school hence another blue tassel.






It was pretty simply so I added this sentiment inside also in blue.



Ingredients:
Cricut cuts
Bazzill black and blue card stock
white cards stock
Quick Quotes Midnight Confessions chalking ink


 Up next is Kim!!

Here's our line up in case you get lost.



And don't forget to enter this month's challenge:




Connie Can Crop Challenge #46
due 11:59 P.M. Tuesday, May 31st.
Pacific Time

I would like to enter this in the Connie's challenge:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

25 comments:

  1. Super cards! I am sure they will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘NO DESIGNER PAPER’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! The front of the first one reminds me of an old fashioned hankerchief- it's so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card! Perfect timing for this card!
    Thank you for playing along with our "No Designer Paper" challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters. I appreciate you taking the time to link up your project.
    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the classic look of your first card, but the wow factor when you open it! Love the trim. I'm very fond of shaped card, so your second card grabbed me, too! Great work. As always, it was a pleasure hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your graduation cards are amazing! I love how the first card pops out when you open it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pop out! I have not been that brave yet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your lovely cards will be appreciated by the recipients - TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job on both cards. Love the lace and how it pops up when you open It. So fun! Glad to be doing this hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cards, especially the pop-up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual your cards are AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT cards, the pop up is a nice surprise.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great cards! Love the pop up card and all the details. The shape card looks great too. Thanks for joining the hop and for joining my challenge this month too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you decided to enter your card in Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge, Dads & Grads. It's a great card! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pop up card and the tassle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards, both are wonderful.
    TFS and for hoping along. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both of your cards!! The pop-up one is my favorite. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! I totally love the pop-up one. What cart is that from? Great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job with this grad card, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great for Connie's Can Crop Dads & Grads challenge. Best luck

    ReplyDelete