Thursday, May 5, 2016

"You are my True North" Sketch N Scrap card sketch



I don't typically create for the card on the 5th of the month for Sketch N Scrap but I created one this month because I loved this sketch so much.  Here's the sketch:



I made mine a masculine version.  I started with the compass paper and pulled the colors of the banners from the golden, greens and browns.  The brown banner and background paper in this photo is the reverse side of the compass if you can't tell it is dirt.


That was the first card.  I did another with a green mat.  The compass paper was cut down from a 12x12 sheet, so the paper on this card is cut from the same corner as above but subsequent ones are a little different pattern.


Close up of the fragments.


I loved this card so much I made several for a "masculine" swap.  I figured they would be good for Father's Day or any occasion.  I places the fragments in different areas depending on the paper cut.



Another one:


A close up of this fragment...they look so much neater in person.




Ingredients:
The Paper Studio Compass paper
Tim Holtz fragments
Stamplorations True North sentiment stamp
Stampin Up label punch
Anna Griffin chocolate ink
Judikins clear embossing powder
sentiment is stamped on a paper called Sand and Sea I think? I was using up a scrap
Quick Quotes Mahogany chalking ink
glossy accents to adhere the fragments

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




Don't forget to play along at Sketch N Scrap!

Thank you as always for reading!

Alicia

4 comments:

  1. Great male cards, love that compass paper.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on the sketch! Fantastic!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful, great colors, great design very manly.
    Thank you for joining us on our challenge.
    Hugs
    Shuly Scrappy hands DT

    ReplyDelete