Thursday, May 5, 2016

Quick Quotes Mother's Day Gatefold Variation Card

Good morning!  Quick Quotes readers, Alicia here today with a Mother's Day card using the Chiffon collection.  I wanted to create something a little different so I searched Youtube and found this neat gatefold.  The center square was just perfect to try out a new flower die.  I love creating layered flowers with different patterned papers.    I thought the pearls from a leftover Club Q made the perfect finishing touch.

 

To create this variation on a gatefold:
  • Cut a piece of paper 7.25" x 4.75" and score at 4.75" 
  • Cut a piece of paper 7.5" x 3.75" and score at 3.75"
  • Adhere smaller piece in center of square base
  • Cut various paper pieces to layer and decorate front

The first photo is with the center panel open and the second is both panels open.  I just love how neat this looks!  I stamped Happy Mother's Day on the inside with Light Moss PowderPuff Chalking Ink.



Quick Quotes products used:
pearls from a past Club Q

other products used:
Spellbinders Anemone flower topper die and foliage die
Close to my Heart sentiment
pearls


I made another card on shimmer card stock using the same dimensions but blue papers from the Chiffon collection.  I added some flourish vines to this version.  Tip: remember to keep the center piece fold on the left clear so that it opens easily.


I didn't add a sentiment to this card yet. I may save this one for later.



Quick Quotes products:

other products used:
white shimmer card stock
Spellbinders Anemone flower topper die and foliage
Tim Holtz Sizzix movers and shapers flourish die
Stampin Up 7/8" scallop circle punch
button


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:



Thank you for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love the papers and that flower die.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah! what a wonderful card!!
    Thank for your always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete