Sunday, August 25, 2024

Hot off the Press Steampunk and Guest Designing for Lasting Memories

Today is my final installment as guest designer for Lasting Memories Layout challenges.  This week's challenge is to use gold.  I tried to sprinkle several golden pieces into my layout of my bestie, Cyndi.


I dropped a brad in the center of this metal gear embellishment.  I layered it on top of a glitter flourish sticker. The sticker had multiple pieces and I layered gems on top of more of the pieces.


I did the same here adding Stampin Up Opaque Gems to the glitter flourish stickers by Momenta.I tucked a metallic gold doily behind Cyndi's photo.


I also created the gem embellishment.  I used a black die cut piece from my stash.  I found an oval die that fit perfectly behind the gem and on the existing die cut.  I have to remember which oval fits, I will use this combination again.  I cut that oval in a coordinating color and layered the gem and both die cuts.  It still needed something else.  I added some more gems to the ends.  I also distressed the die cuts with gold ink.


Ingredients:
Hot off the Press Steampunk paper pack
Creative Memories paper and card stock
Bo Bunny Et Cetera Brads
Stampin Up Gems
Momenta Black Glitter Flourish stickers
Spellbinders Class Oval Small die
Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz Gadget Gears die cut
Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz Movers and Shapers Styled labels
Creative Memories Sticker letters
Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink
Colorbox Sepia Black
Misc gems, doily and gears

H= Hot off the Press paper, O= Oval gem, T= Tim Holtz die cutsx




I am so grateful to have been able to play along with Lasting Memories Layout challenges this month.  Don't forget to play along with any of the four challenges until September 1.  Thanks for reading my blog today.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment