Friday, May 29, 2020

Cricut Just Because Coffee Card


I still have a subscription to Cricut Access so I thought I would take advantage and cut some coffee cuts and make several cards last evening...well sometimes plans just don't work out.  I cut about a dozen images but I made a big mistake.  I cut what was supposed to be white layers in a tan print and cut the tan in white, needless to say lattes need to be tan and whipped cream should be white.  I will be able to save some of my pieces but I will need to cut those two layers again in the appropriate colors.  



So this card and a couple of other images did not have the white/tan issue.  The dark brown card stock I used was textured and didn't cut very clean.  However, the card was fine after some surgery with a craft knife and fine scissors.  I don't care for the custom envelopes but this card was an odd size.  In the end I could have cut the image and placed it on an A2 base.  I would also use acetate for the "shine" in the pot.  After I make a cut the first time I usually find several tips to try on the second go round...live and learn.


Ingredients:
Cricut Just Because Cards image
Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking ink Mocha Mama
misc card stock

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


Thank you for stopping by

Alicia

8 comments:

  1. This looks great! Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card and I love the coffee pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable coffee pot, love the colors you've pick! Thanks for joining in our May challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done similar things cutting out brown where it should be white, gray where it should be... but I'm glad you didn't have a problem with this one. Cutest ever coffee pot. So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas "Make it a Beverage" challenge for May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad despite the paper mix up you were able to get something created!

    ReplyDelete