Monday, May 11, 2020

Obligatory Graduation Card for Bitten By the Bug's Graduation Challenge

This year's graduates are in a very unique situation.  I have a few grads in my life so I created a stack of easy Cricut graduation cards. This first one was made for a very special recipient.  I can't wait to send it.  I am sure if you are a card maker you are trying to make this years' graduation feel a little extra special since they are missing their traditional ceremonies.  So share you fantastic makes with us at Bitten By the Bug 2's Graduation Challenge open until 5/25.


One trick to creating a "stack" of cards is to use all the bits and pieces.  I have used the negative cuts from the original card to make an entirely different card.  The original is on the right.  I used it for placement of the negative pieces prior to assembling it.  I placed the negatives on a fun tie dyed paper as well, it just happens to be monochromatic so it looks like a sky.  I liked it.




 



The negative of this card didn't hold up so well with the think letters.  I had to trash most of these pieces but kept the hat for another card later.  This one has already been mailed.  I also made a couple of others not pictured.



Ingredients:
Cricut Maker
Cricut Graduation Quick Cut Cards on Access
DCWV Tie Dyed stack
misc card stock

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to play along with us for the next two weeks at Bitten By the Bug 2's Graduation Challenge.

Alicia


6 comments:

  1. Great sets of cards and being able to use one cut for two cards is a real bonus. The tie-dye is also a fantastic touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cards and I love how you used the negative pieces to create an additional card! Great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tie dye paper is so fun and you created a really great card. I love how you used all the pieces to make more cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use both the positive and negative pieces for these cards. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quick cards are the bomb. So witty. Love that tye dye look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great creation - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete