Sunday, September 2, 2018

Owl card with Quick Quotes and Sizzix

Hello! I was recently commissioned to create an owl birthday card.  My neighbor came over and picked these papers for her friend's birthday card.  She loves purple.  I had fun making this one.  I must say I spent all morning cranking and cranking...I made a few of the pieces in different papers to find the accents that worked the best.


Here is the open view.  It was a bit of a challenge to cut down the head crest, so I came up with something similar.  I used a square label die and cut it to accommodate the shape of the owl head.  It is not as intricate but the white print adds something to it.



Peek-a-boo



I thought the solid owl worked best with the inside print.



Ingredients:  
Sizzix Card, Owl Fold-a-long Jen Long die
Quick Quotes Mulberry collection papers
Hampton Arts Hot Fudge Studio Owls sentiment stamp
Stampin Up Whisper White Craft ink
Judikins Pastel embossing powder
Spellbinders labels one die

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

















Thanks for stopping by!

Alicia


18 comments:

  1. What an incredible creation! I love your colors and all the tiny details! Enjoyed a marvelous afternoon browsing your pretty blog. I am your newest google follower! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! glad you enjoyed yourself! Have a happy holiday

      Alicia

      Delete
  2. Love your owl card, Alicia!!! Looks like you put a lot of love and hard work into it. I bet your neighbor's friend will REALLY enjoy receiving it!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, this is STUNNING! Such a clever use of a fun fold for such a dramatic effect - your details really make this perfect! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Das ist ein geniales Werk!
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete

  5. This is Awesome I love it. When I first saw it I thought it was 3D
    Thank you for the inspiration. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant creation, very clever design and lovely papers and colours, Thank you for joining our 'Things with Wings' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the cute owl. it makes great fun fold card. thanks for playing along with the september challenge at TSOT. hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AHB, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...what a cool card! Thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week for our Anything Goes challenge xoxoxo

    Lori
    4 Crafty Chicks DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a brilliant card - I have a daughter who loves owls and she would adore this. Thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! I collect everything owl...cards, art, figurines, I just love owls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the design.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Things With Wings' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous creation. Bet that is a cherished card by the recipient.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card - thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Always Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card. I love everything owls. Thanks for joining in this months 'Unusual Folds' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete