Saturday, September 8, 2018

Generations of Love Blog Hop




This is a blog hop featuring projects inspired by our family tree and our Grandparents in honor of National Grandparents Day.
National Grandparents Day is Sunday, September 9th.
This is a weekend hop, but you have until Monday at midnight to finish hopping.
Lorby's World is the blog to start at and she is offering a special prize to one lucky person. All you have to do is hop through all the participants in the blog hop and leave a comment on each of the their blogs. Lorby's World will pick a winner to be announced on Wednesday, September 12th.
Welcome! You should have come from Cindy's Blog

For today's hop I created a couple of digital layouts.  It has been a while since I played with digital.  I used Artisan formerly Creative Memories software, therefore the kit I used was Creative Memories Gratitude.  I also used blueprints to start with I did change them up and copied elements to both layouts for continuity.  

The first one is my great grandmother, Bertha Lee Hooper.  She lived to be 104.  She got to meet my son before she passed, her second great!  The first photo has my grandmother as a child.  The second photo has two of my great grandmothers.  The third is my great grandfather and great grandmother's celebrating someone's 84th.  


This layout is is my mother's mother.  She passed away before I was born so I never knew her.  The top left photo is my grandparent's wedding day.  The bottom left has my mother as a child with all her brothers. I feel lucky to have these photos.  I have scanned them all for my family to share.



Thank you for joining us today and please continue on to
Shannon's Blog


FULL LINE UP HERE:

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts Alicia! Stunning photos too!! So special to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts! I love the paper you used behind your pictures on the first one and the border on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layouts are fantastic! I have never tried digital scrapbooking . Maybe we are related , my grandmother's name was Elsie Hooper.
    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've showcased these precious photos. Great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on both layouts and the stories behind them are wonderful. Great job on them both and you're smart to scan the photos to share with future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layouts for these family photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute layouts. I would have never known they were digital. There is a lot of dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool LOs! Love all the plaid on the cute clothes! So fun!

    ReplyDelete